September I have decided to introduce a couple of new things to improve my overall health and increase longevity:
- Time-restricted eating
Time Restricted Eating:
This involves reducing your eating to a specific time window in a 24 hour period. I try to do at least 12 and ideally 16 hours between my last meal one day and eating the following day.
This has shown to have multiple health benefits:
- Metabolic Health: improve insulin sensitivity / sugar regulation
- Cardiovascular Health: reduce cholesterol / triglycerides, lower blood pressure
- Reduced inflammation: a big driver for many chronic conditions.
- Autophagy: allowing our body to do a big clean-up of the damaged/dysfunctional cells
- Brain Health: there may be some brain benefits including increased growth factor (BDNF)
An adaptogen which includes possible health benefits of:
- stress reduction ( my main reason for trying it! )
- improving mood
- better brain function / memory
- improved immune system response
- increased insulin sensitivity
- hormonal improvements (men and women)
- improved sleep
I will report back my findings!
Of course, these are things that I have chosen to implement based on knowing my own health and body.
Please do not take these as medical advice. If you are interested in these, I would suggest discussing them with your healthcare provider – especially if you have underlying health conditions or are taking medications, to ensure it’s safe and appropriate for your specific needs.